Have you tasted mushrooms? It is the fungus you can eat. You have to agree that it is one of the best vegetables you have tasted. People often confuse mushrooms with chicken. A lot of people have the misconception that you cannot have a fungus, but that is wrong. Naturally, you cannot convince anyone to have it without stating its advantages. Well, do you know the health advantages of amanita muscaria? If not, then you are reading the right article. Here, we will tell you about all the ways through which it assists your body in maintaining good health.
What are the types of consumable mushrooms?
- Portobello mushrooms – A type of Agaricus bisporus – this mushroom is the oldest variety. Initially, the world ordered it from Italy, but now, they are available all over the world. They have a large size because of which you can substitute for any meaty product, such as pizza, sandwiches, pasta, etc.
- Cremini mushrooms – They are an older version of the button mushroom belonging to the Agaricus bisporus clan. They are brown and firmer, which is why they are better for stews and soups.
- Maitake mushrooms – You must have seen them in several Japanese and Chinese cuisines. They are known as sheep’s head because of their shape, and you can add them to pizza or ramen as a meat substitute.
- Button mushrooms – The most common genesis of the Agaricus bisporus – you must have seen the button mushrooms almost everywhere. They have a mild flavor, which is why they have a higher propensity to blend with all the dishes.
Shiitake mushrooms – These are most commonly available in Asia. It belongs to the Lentinula edodes species. You have to remove the stems of the shiitake mushrooms because they are too hard to chew.
- Enoki mushrooms – You must have seen them in several of the Japanese dishes. The Flammulina velutipes is a favorite cuisine that you will find in soups and noodles.
- Lobster mushrooms – As the name suggests, these mushrooms are bright red and have a seafood-like odor. They are the molds that generally attack the mushrooms, but if you cook them with white wine, you have the tastiest dish in your hand.
- Amanita Muscaria – This mushroom is not for everybody. If you want to feel high or have some fun, then this is the one. Some people say that these are poisonous, but these magical-looking mushrooms have barely shown any pessimistic effect. You will have some hallucinations.
What are the health benefits of having mushrooms?
Did you know that mushrooms have the highest protein content? 100-gms of mushrooms contain about 3.1gms of protein. This factor is one of the best advantages that you can get. In addition to that, here are some other features that you should know:
- Strengthens your immunity – Mushrooms have phytochemicals, such as the beta-glucan. They tend to enhance the activities of your immune cells. It makes them into killer cells that work on viruses and cancerous cells to remove them or kill them permanently. You have to agree that if your immune system becomes better, then you will not have to worry about getting sick. You can work on your health more dominantly and allow your body to fight against harmful viruses. Button mushrooms and shiitake mushrooms are famous for fighting against infections. So, if you consume them daily, you will have no worries regarding them.
- Can prevent cancer – Of course, the mushrooms are not experts in canceling all types of cancerous cells, but they avert some, such as breast cancer. A study indicates that having at least one button mushroom decreases the risk of breast cancer by 64%. Not only does it prevent breast cancer, but it also recognizes the cancerous cells in your body and try to fight it and stop it from growing further. They have so many chemicals in them that fight against cancer that if you consume at least one regularly, your body will start getting better.
- They prevent your brain from oxidative stress – Mushrooms have an antioxidant called ergothioneine. All the mushrooms have this property, but it has a high availability in oyster mushrooms. The more you consume these mushrooms, the better will be your mental health. A lot of people consume them in the Asia region. Studies show a conclusive measure regarding it, as well.
You should know that you should not cook a mushroom entirely, as they have some enzymes in them that are good for health, which gets reduced if you cook them. While you can have some raw mushrooms, you have to half-cook others to have the taste, as well as health benefactor.
So, now you know why mushrooms are the mighty vegetables that save you and protect your body and brain from harmful conditions. So, why wait? Add them to your diet now!